"Now, that's enough for one night, dear. Tomorrow's a big day. It's first branching. Now, off to bed."
- Marella to Noctus and her childern, Legend of the Guardians
|Species:||Barn Owl (Tyto alba)|
Blythe, Bell, Sebastiana
|Appears in:||The Capture, The Journey, The Rescue, The Burning|
|Appears in:||Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole|
|Mate of Noctus; mother of Soren, Kludd and Eglantine|
Marella's egg hatched with a baby girl, who was given the name Eglantine. The family was very happy, except for Kludd, who didn't really care much for his little sister.
One night whilst Marella went out hunting with Noctus, Kludd pushed Soren from their nest, causing the latter to be snatched by a St. Aggie's patrol. When Marella and Noctus returned from their hunt, they were devastated to find Soren gone. They then gave Kludd strict instructions to mind Eglantine next time they went out hunting.
Some time after The Capture, Marella and her mate, Noctus, were killed, presumably by their eldest son, Kludd. It is unknown when they were killed, but it is most likely after The Capture.
Marella and her mate came to see Soren and Eglantine, seeing that their unfinished business was finished. She and Noctus then departed to glaumora.
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
Marella's role in the movie is very similar in the novels, except that she is not murdered by the Pure Ones. Instead, she and Noctus (her mate) travel to the great tree to greet Soren and the victorious Guardians after the battle with the Pure Ones.
Marella was a kind, loving mother who rarely ever got angry. She was sympathetic and understanding, and wanted only the best for her children.
- In the movie, Marella is voiced by Essie Davis.
- In the movie, Marella is there at the tree with her mate, Noctus. In the books, she is dead.
- Her name was mistakenly spelled as 'Marilla' in the list of characters of The Capture.
- In the movie, Marella also looks a lot like Kludd, her son, if you look hard enough.
- She is mentioned to look a lot like Nyra, but with a smaller face and darker plumage