Within the series, books and movie, there are several mistakes, claiming one thing at one point, yet something else in another part:
- In The Hatchling, Otulissa reads cantos from the The Fire Cycle. It explained how the Wolves of the Beyond migrated to Beyond the Beyond, this took place before the The Legends of Ga' Hoole. In the prologue to The First Collier, Ezylryb claimed the The Fire Cycle happened after the Legends of Ga' Hoole.
- In The War of the Ember, The Striga was referred to being a Spotted Owl, but it is also mentioned earlier that he was a Snowy Owl.
- In Exile it is stated that Ruby went to the Northern Kingdoms because she had not been there before, but in The Burning she went with Martin to find Hoke of Hock.
- In To Be a King, it is clearly stated that Lord Rathnik died in the Battle of Short Light, yet strangely enough in "Theo's Story" in A Guide Book to the Great Tree, Lord Rathnik was mentioned to be next to Ivar when he crash-landed into the Ga'Hoole Tree. This took place some time later after the battle.
- Wortmore was killed by Slynella's venom in The Siege, yet he asks Nyroc to attend Kludd's funeral in the Hatchling and is mentioned in The Golden Tree. Either that was a different Wortmore, or the sea wore off the venom's effects.
- The Others were mentioned as being during the time of the first Glaux, but since Glaux was the first owl and many owls exist during the time of humans, that couldn't be. The owls probably exagerrate time.
- In The Capture, Ga'hoole was said as being in the time of Glaux. Since Hoole was the founder, and many owls existed at the time (they existed after Glaux), Kathryn Lasky probably never chose Hoole to be the founder then.
- The three main Ga'Hoolian legends took a thousand years before Soren's time. Since the wolves migrated to the Beyond to escape the Ice Age then, the owls must live a thousand years after the Ice Age. But humans still existed then and since the owls lived long after humans, this also probably means they can't tell time well again.
- In a preview of The Journey, Gylfie's name was incorrectly spelt as 'Glyfie'.
- In the movie, several owls have wrong eye colours according to the books and reality:
- Soren has golden eyes.
- Kludd, Eglantine, Noctus and Marella have amber eyes.
- Digger has green eyes.
- Nyra has blue eyes with hazel or amber around the pupils.
- Metal Beak's eyes are yellow.
- Jatt and Jutt are both odd-eyed, for each one has one amber and one green eye.
- Allomere has gray eyes, but all Great Greys have yellow.
- When two Pure Ones attack Grimble to try to get to Soren and Gylfie, one is thrown onto some books and one is sprawled on the ground in front of Grimble. However, a few moments later, they both disappear.
- When Nyra takes the best new soldiers to Metal Beak, Jutt lands on the left of Jatt. However, when the camera moves away and then back, they have switched places.
- After the owlets are moon-blinked, Pete is seen walking in front of Soren. But as the camera moves to Gylfie, Pete is walking behind her.
More coming soon