|Species:||Barn Owl (Tyto Alba)|
|Appears in:||Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole|
|A Barn owl who comes from the Forest Kingdom of Tyto.|
- When Soren was only an owlet, Kludd his big-brother shoved Soren from their nest while their parents were out hunting (Soren did not know that Kludd had been the cause of his dilemma, later Soren uncovered while fighting Metal Beak for the first time with the Chaws of Chaws that the brother he had once known and wondered about was the leader of the pure ones.) Soren was soon snatched by a patrolling member of St. Aegolius Academy for Orphaned Owls (St. Aggie's) and taken to the canyonlands.
- At St. Aggie's, Soren meets a small Elf Owl named Gylfie. She had been snatched also, from The Desert Kingdom of Kuneer . At the academy, they resisted moon blinking - a form of brainwashing practiced by St. Aggie's to take control of the owlets - and managed to trick the General into thinking they were moon-blinked. The pair also resisted moon scalding, a more severe form of moon blinking, by telling the legends of Ga'Hoole, the most noble owls of the land. Grimble , a Boreal Owl, secretly taught them how to fly in the entrance outside the academy library (which only Skench and Spoorn were allowed to use). The newly fledged owlets both escaped unharmed, but Grimble perished at the talons of Skench when she found him aiding their escape.
- The pair decided they wanted to try to find their families. On the way, they met a huge Great Gray Owl named Twilight. He was orphaned shortly after he hatched, and he says he had to teach himself everything he knows in what he calls the "Orphan School of Tough Learning". He chose to join them on their journey, even though he was going to the Great Ga'Hoole Tree. In Gylfie's home, the Desert of Kuneer, the owls meet Digger, a unique Burrowing Owl who is also an orphan. His brother and parents were killed by St. Aggie's patrols, and another brother of his was captured by St. Aggies patrols. Once he joins up with them, Jatt and Jutt , two members of St. Aggie's appear and a battle ensues. The new band manages to defeat them both, with the aid of two eagles, Streak and Zan. Once Twilight and Digger joined the group, they decided to refer to themselves as "the Band ".
- They then went on a journey to the Great Ga'Hoole Tree . After the long journey to the Great Tree, Soren was accepted into the Colliering and Weather-Interpretation chaws. He proved to be an excellent coal collecter, and impressed Ezylryb , the weather interpretation ryb, Elvan , the colliering ryb, and Bubo , the blacksmith, with his superb skills. Soren also played a key part in both the rescue of Ezylryb from the Devil's triangle, and the siege of the Great Ga'Hoole Tree. He is also a member of the Bonk Brigade, or Flame Sqaudron, fighting with burning branches. Soren is also a member and usually the leader of the famous Chaw of Chaws, a group that included the members of the Band along with Ruby , Martin , Otulissa , and Eglantine .
- After rescuing his sister Eglantine from the Great Downing, Ezylryb deemed Soren his ward. He was also given Ezylryb's old battle claws, which would be essential to go to the Northern Kingdoms. There, he was also trained in the arts of the ice weapons by Moss, and other members of the Frost Beaks division.
- Soren is also the uncle of Coryn, the king of the Great Ga'hoole tree, and he is the brother-in-law of Nyra , leader of the Pure ones. On his deathbed, Ezylryb instructed Soren to read the legends of Ga'Hoole with Coryn and the Band. These three books were hidden in a secret chamber in Ezylryb's hollow.Soren is now the ryb of the Colliering and weather-interpretation chaws. He also has a mate named Pellimore, (Pelli), who together have three female chicks. Their names are Sebastiana (Basha), Blythe (named for a beautiful part of Silverveil named Blythewood), and Bell. They are also called the three B's. Pelli is the ryb of the search and rescue chaw. In The War of the Ember, when Coryn is killed by the Striga, Soren becomes the new king of the Great Ga'Hoole Tree.
Daughters: Basha, Blythe and Bell